The key points for your visa application:
- All tourists entering Sri Lanka are required to obtain online tourist visas before arrival. All visas must be applied online through the Immigration ETA Portal (eta.gov.lk)
- Prior to applying for visa, travellers are required to pre-purchase PCR tests and a mandatory Covid-19 Insurance cover by visiting visitsrilanka.gov.lk
- Pre-purchase PCR tests depending on the number of days of stay as deemed by the Ministry of Health. The cost per PCR test will be USD 40 (eg: pay for 2 PCR tests for 7 days stay and 3 PCR tests if the Travel exceeds 7 days)
- Purchase the mandatory Covid-19 insurance Cover from People’s Insurance PLC at USD 12 for a policy of USD 50,000 for a period of one month.
- Confirmation of a Booking at a certified ‘Safe & Secure’ hotel, for a period of up to 14 days should be shown when applying for visa; there would be no mandatory minimum stay requirement.
For more information about health and safety protocols you can obtain the details by visiting https://www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/
Covid-19 Measures at The Fortress Resort and Spa
- The Fortress Resort and Spa is a Level 1 ‘Safe & Secure’ certified hotel by the Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority. https://srilanka.travel/safe-and-secure
- The ‘Safe & Secure’ certificate is being awarded to tourism establishments and service providers that have been audited by KPMG an Independent Auditing firm and met the requirements of the COVID-19 Health Protocol. To view The Fortress Resort and Spa ‘Safe & Secure’ certificate please click here
- Temperature checks are required and conducted when check-in to the resort, entering the resort premises, restaurants & the spa.
- All Baggage and luggage surfaces are carefully disinfected by the concierge team before delivering them to the rooms. Complimentary face masks & hand sanitizers are available at the reception for guest use.
- The Guests are encouraged to use the Fortress Mobile app to request for resort services, place meal orders and make spa reservations. A prior appointment must be made (24hrs) to use the gym facilities. 01hr workout duration is allocated for each guest.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are located in all common areas of the resort and recommended to maintain social distancing at all times within the resorts.
- All Guests are strictly advised to take a shower prior entering to the pool and when leaving the pool.
To know more about The Fortress Resort and Spa health and safety protocols please click here
Your arrival transfers with The Fortress Resort and Spa
- Your arrival and departure transfers can be pre-arranged with The Fortress Resort and Spa by sending your request to [email protected]
- Your request should provide your arrival / departure flight details, date, time and number of passengers travelling in advance.
- All transfers arranged with The Fortress Resort and Spa will be Private and adhered to the prevailing health guidelines of the ministry of health and Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority.
- The Fortress Resort and Spa will not be responsible for all transport arrangements made with third party independent transport companies.
- For all arrival transfers, your driver will be meet and greet you at the Airport Arrival Lobby with a paging board.
- Our drivers will be attired in full PPE kits.
- All Baggage and luggage will be disinfected by the chauffeur before loading them to the vehicle.